Saturday, January 24, 2009

Home Again, Home Again

Little Chum is back on his home turf in the middle of a big ocean. I believe that he will grow up to be a most enthusiastic world traveler based on his earlier ecstatic memories of flying. Basically this baby equtes flying with boobies. Everytime he made a peep I was like, "here son, have some more? need a top up? milk, coming right up!" This keeps him in a milky stupor and more importantly, quiet.

Because I have flown loooooong distances near squawking babies. Babies squawking through no fault of their own, I often feel like squawking on long flights but growing up generally means that is frowned upon (and will likely take you directly to the Department of Homeland Security's secret lair without passing go." Still, squawking does suck, even if my baby is incredibly whimsical and handsome while he does so.

So he flew 6 hours like a dream and is between the three of us, the only one truly back in his hometown.

I will try to get up extra early to post some highlights from our southwest trip. There were many: Chum's first solo hike adventure w/ Momma, Chum's first experience in snow, Chum's first apparent disdain for cold weather, Chum's first stop by Border Patrol, etc.

But for now I hear the little fellow talking loudly to Poppa in the next room. I might try to calm him down a bit before I go on my first back on Kauai run. First running goal of the year is the 5k at Waimea Days in a month. Need to get that under my belt before I make bigger plans. So gotta go, no one wants hefty sweat pant mom so better get my sweatin' on.

No comments:

Post a Comment