Thursday, August 20, 2009

End of an era

Chum woke up hungry sometime around 4.30a.m. this morning, I remember the stars were still out in force and there was no hint of the sun in the eastern skies.

I brought him to bed for an early morning nurse. Now that I don't get up during the night to feed him (instead still enduring his 1am wake up call), the early morning nurse has seemed a good compromise. He gets a full belly, we both get to snooze until a more reasonable hour.

This morning I woke up in the still dark to a crash. That crash being Chum toppling out of bed and onto the floor. He was totally fine, just obviously angry about the sudden change in location. I on the other hand was not. Where were my supposedly razor sharp mothering instincts?

I still want to puke when I think about it.

So no more early morning snuggles in bed Chum. I have no idea what to do next...perhaps it's go feed him on the living room couch while trying to write my master's with one hand or watch early morning news shows. I may end up with a rise time of 5am now but at least I don't have to encourage Chum into a career in base jumping just yet.

...shudders

No comments:

Post a Comment